Here is a very timely article from several years ago that highlights several things we can do to help ourselves from getting sick this Fall and Winter. The list includes:
1) Drink chamomile tea.
2) Eat steel-cut oats.
3) Use salad dressings made with extra virgin olive or nut oils.
4) Add powdered whey protein isolate to your nutrition plan.
5) Eat more tomatoes and tomato-based foods for their lycopene.
6) Use the herbal supplement butterbur to treat your season allergies.
7) Drink Gatorade after a tough workout.
8) Drink a glass of red wine with dinner.
9) Eat foods that contain capsaicin, which is the compound that gives chili peppers their heat.
10) Cut 100 to 200 calories from your daily food intake to help you lose some excess weight.
So, which one of the above suggestions are you willing to try to help you boost your immune system this year?
Please let me know by hitting the "Add Comment" button below, and thank you in advance for doing so.
Finally, please let me know if you have any questions, or problems copying & pasting the link below into your browser so you can read the entire article.