Given that 1/3 of all New Year's resolutions are broken by the end of January because the weight loss goals people set are unrealistic, this article catalogs the most common weight loss resolutions and explains how people can modify them so they have a greater chance to succeed.
1) "I want to lose 20 pounds"
Revised resolution: Lose 1 pound per week
2) "I'm going to try the ________ diet"
Revised resolution: Eat lean protein and veggies at every meal
3) "I'm going to stop eating at restaurants"
Revised resolution: Order smarter at restaurants
4) "I'm going to eat 900 calories a day until I lose the weight"
Revised resolution: Develop a healthy eating plan with an Registered Dietitian.
5) "I'm going on a juice cleanse"
Revised resolution: Do a mini-cleanse
6) "I'm going vegetarian"
Revised resolution: Reduce your meat intake
7) "I'm going to weigh myself every morning"
Revised resolution: Measure weight loss in inches, not pounds
8) "I'm quitting junk food""
Revised resolution: Follow the 80/20 rule
9) "I'm going to cut calories by skipping breakfast"
Revised resolution: Eat a protein-packed breakfast every morning
10) "I won't eat after 9 pm"
Revised resolution: Sleep at least 7 hours a night
11) "I'm going to get more exercise"
Revised resolution: Commit to a set number of weekly workouts
12) "I'm going to do yoga four times a week"
Revised resolution: Try a variety of workouts
13) "I'm going to the gym for two hours every day"
Revised resolution: Do efficient workouts
So what is your New Year's weight loss resolution?
Please let me know by hitting the "Add Comment" button below, and thank you in advance for doing so.
Finally, please let me know if you have any questions, or problems copying & pasting the link below into your browser so you can read the entire article.