Here is an interesting article from one of my vendors, Fitness Equipment Depot Worldwide that lists the top five (5) benefits of deep breathing..
According to their writer, "practicing frequent deep diaphragmatic or abdominal breathing has several health benefits, and is one of the greatest practices to achieving optimum wellness."
"As a matter of fact, those who practice deep abdominal breathing (also known as 'belly breathing') as little as 10-minutes a day have a much less chance of developing debilitating conditions such as heart disease or cancer."
"Other benefits include being able to handle stress more effectively, and generally having better overall health and well-being."
"Deep breathing is one of the simplest yet most effective ways to optimum wellness with the least amount of cost and time investment."
"Here are 5 benefits to regularly practicing this healthful habit:
1. Cuts chances of cancer by as much as 400%.
2. Reduces negative stress by lowering the stress hormone cortisol.
3. Helps reduce cravings for refined carbohydrates (processed junk food).
4. Slows down the aging process by increasing the flow of human growth hormone (the anti-aging hormone).
5. Boosts the quality and efficiency of meditation by changing brain wave activity from the more stressful beta wavelengths to more relaxing and beneficial alpha and theta brain wavelengths!"
So do you already practice deep breathing? If not, why?
Please let me know by hitting the "Add Comment" button below, and thank you in advance for doing so.
Finally, please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.