Here is an interesting article from Elisha Thompson that lists six (6) steps so you can begin practicing meditation..
1. "Find a quiet, peaceful space. Establish an area where you can be alone and uninterrupted. This can be in your home or outside."
2. "Get comfortable. Wear comfy clothing, drink some water, sit on a pillow, and light a candle or some incense."
3. "Sit down and dig in. A common meditation posture is seated with your legs crossed, back straight, and hands resting gently on your lap. This is the recommended position as it opens you heart and airways and lets your lower body relax. The important thing here is to just be comfortable. If that means laying down or sitting in your favorite chair DO IT."
4. "Close your eyes and begin deepening your breath. Counting helps. Try inhaling for a count of 6, holding for a count of 2, and exhaling for 6. Giving your mind this simple task to focus on will help clear your head."
5. "Don’t set expectations! Simply sit down and experience what happens. Do this for just 5 minutes and notice the shift in your thoughts and how you feel."
6. "Set a routine. Meditating at the same time each day helps you get comfortable in the practice. Meditating first thing in the morning or right before you go to bed is easiest."
So where do you meditate?
Please let me know by hitting the "Add Comment" button below, and thank you in advance for doing so.
Finally, please let me know if you have any questions, or problems copying and pasting the link below into your browser so you can read the entire article.